CAST and CREW
CAST: People with and without Tumblrs who I interact with regularly
- ABBY: Californian in Vermont. An artist to the bone. Rocky Horror Transylvanian. Socially conscious, body positive queer kindred spirit. I think we’ve been internet-stalking each other for like three years now. She often inspires me to do things I never thought about doing.
- ASHLEY: Northland grad! Environmentally friendly nail artist. Future grad student. Kind soul, Encouragement Penguin, and fashionista. Dating Arthur. Also known as The Darling Girl, and one-third of the Triad.
- ARTHUR: Future paleontologist, smarter than I will ever be. Pokemon enthusiast, deep-thought-thinker, and master of occasional grumpiness. Also known as The Lost Boy. Dating Ashley, and another third of the Triad.
- A.S.: Poet, intellectual, aching soul. The phrase “still water runs deep” occurs to me when I think of this person. I want to be them when I grow up
- ASHLEIGH: Kindred spirit and brain twin. Artist, feminist, practicing chef, and future tattoist.
- CACTUS: Caretaker of broken souls. Funny, kind, selfless, with wonderful taste in music, books, and everything else. The biggest, most unbiased love I’ve ever encountered. The Real Unholy Trinity’s Devil. Also, my Tumblr wifey.
- DARBY: My “little sister,” a quiet creative soul with a talent for painting nails and defying expectations
- EMILY: Best friend, Tumblr-less. All the asks signed with 69 are her. Fair to Midland lover, Remus Lupin brain-twin, and all around amazing, perfect human being.
- ERIC: Video game nerd, Homestuck fan, D&D GM, and a fantastic, hilarious guy.
- GRAHAM: the most amazing biromantic theater geek and Doctor Who enthusiast I’ve ever met. The offspring of The Doctor and the Master, and the student of Ms. Frizzle. One classy bastard.
- JB: Reclusive Frenchman. A fellow Stephen King fanatic and creator of The Tower Junkie. Someone who always makes me smile.
- LAUREN: Superwholock fangirl. Crack!fic writer and generally awesome girl. The Real Unholy Trinity’s Antichrist. Once upon a time, I tumblr-married her.
- MADISON C: Occupier, hippie-druid girl. She never fails to make me smile, and she’s always there when I need a hand—except when she’s Occupying San Diego!
- MADISON RAE: Best friend number three. Artist, fashionista, writer, and creative soul. Lover of fishnets, combat boots, and pretty dresses. Power and poise.
- NICK: Also known as Other Nick. Philosopher and over-thinker. He wears his prodigious heart on his sleeve and sometimes becomes and emotional sponge..
- SHILOH: best friend numero dos, sexy lady.Singer, artist, photographer, writer, jill of all trades. Pretty much the best person ever in existence.
- SPRING: The rarely-found example of a ghetto-hippie! Seamstress, and generally awesome person. One of the most reliable I’ve ever met.
- TARA: Fellow Ramapo counselor who took over my first job. Fashionable lesbian stoner/adventurer. Fellow star-gazer and open-hearted woman. Sometimes tagged as the lipsticked adventurer.
CREW: Other people I talk or write about frequently. People who are important to me who wish to remain anonymous to a degree, or who I don’t want to reveal too much about.
- MY MOTHER
- MY FATHER
- MY BROTHER (his tumblr)
- ZOMBIE PRINCESS is a five-year-old girl with behavioral issues I currently one-on-one with at work.
- THE MAN WITH THE BANDANAS: Also known as Lynx. Current partner. Kinky sex and emotional revelations. He won me over tying me to a fence-post at Ramapo. We’re learning to navigate life one strange moment after another. He’s also dating the Student of the Sword. (His Tumblr).
- STUDENT OF THE SWORD: Lynx’s relationship at school & therefore my metamour. A freshman who’s nervous but open-minded. Fencing student who has eyes like the moon. (Her Tumblr)
- THE LOST BOY: Someone I fell in love with under strange circumstances. Occasional lover. A man who is too smart for me by half. He is dating the darling girl, and together with me they make the Triad. (His Tumblr)
- THE DARLING GIRL: A loving soul. My love for her took longer to grow than it should have, but God, am I glad it did. An occasional lover. Nail artist and passionate woman. Dating the lost boy. Together with me, they form the Triad. (Her Tumblr).
- THE SUGAR SUBSTITUTE: A good friend and old fellow student. Ex of a friend. On/off/on again crush who I’ll never get to sleep with. Sometimes a drunken asshole who flirts with me from long-distance bars. Overall, confusion.
- THE GIRL WHO WILL: A short triad with Lynx. Always positive, always willing to learn, and always wonderful to be around.
- THE RAVENS’ WINGS: An ex-boyfriend. Incredible intellectual and Vonnegut-esque writer. Consumer of poetry that no one else has shared interest in. A divided man with a love that, in the end, redeems. (His Tumblr)
- R: My first lover. Broken read thread, dying flame. Guitarist in Boston. He held my heart for better but mostly worse for a year and a half. Sometimes I’m still bitter.
- ANI: Ani translates from Japanese to “my older brother.” My sibling by choice. Addict and lost soul. I haven’t spoken to him in ages, but he has impacted my life a lot.
- THE ONE WHO LIGHTS MY CIGARETTES: Winter fling that crashed in pessimism and moving too quickly. Ex-fiance of a friend. In the end, selfish and myopic.
- THE GIRL WITH THE RAINBOW NECKLACE: A stupidly complicated and failed almost-relationship.
- THE GIRL WITH THE LOTUS TATTOO: Part of a short emotional and physical menage a trois with Lynx in 2012. Someone who went the wrong way for herself and got lost.
- THE FOOL: A two-night stand. A man of absolute physical beauty, incredible kindness, and a smile that can burn through you in the best way. I’m not pining for him—I only stop sometimes to appreciate his morally ambiguous existence.
- THE UNDERSTANDING BOY: Several-night fling who I care about a little too much. A boy who needs to figure his shit out and stop hurting people, but whose charisma is so easy to fall into.
- THE SCIENTIST: Second lover. First Dominant. Selfish, pushy, and disrespectful of my boundaries, his concise explanation is “my rapist.”