SARAH, DECEMBER 16TH 2007 @ STATION 4. HOW FORGET? THAT WAS THE FIRST ONE. Okay. So that. The Rock: 2) June 28th, 2008. 3) April 5th, 2009. 4) October 12th, 2009. <- [I did not attend this show.] 5) April 12th, 2010. / 6) May 30th, 2010 @ Ramkota Exhibit Hall - Sioux Falls, SD 7) March 24th, 2011 @ Station 4 8) July 16th, 2011 @ Station 4 [A&A Release w/ Canis Major] 9) December 13th, 2011 @ The Varsity [Logan & Ryan] 69.
THANK YOU EMILY.
For my Fair to Midland anon, a slightly more legible version of my FtM show timeline:
- DECEMBER 16TH 2007 @ STATION 4.
- June 28th, 2008. @ The Rock
- April 5th, 2009. @ The Rock
- October 12th, 2009.@ The Rock <- [Emily did not attend this show.]
- April 12th, 2010. @ The Rock
- May 30th, 2010 @ Ramkota Exhibit Hall - Sioux Falls, SD
- March 24th, 2011 @ Station 4
- July 16th, 2011 @ Station 4 [A&A Release w/ Canis Major]
- December 13th, 2011 @ The Varsity [Logan & Ryan]
So now that’s answered in its entirety because my best friend is even more of a geek than I am <3 <3 Thanks Em.
where did you see them in south dakota?
Sioux Falls! The name of the venue was something-something ballroom and it was connected to a hotel?
That’s all I got on that one, sorry.
which tour dates did you go to see fair to midland at? at which venues? which show was your favorite?
WOW loaded question!
I saw them nine times. Emily (my best friend) knows all the dates specifically, but I can give you a rough estimate & venues and she’ll correct me later xD
- March 2008, Station 4, Saint Paul, MN
- October 2008, The Rock, Maplewood, MN
- April 2009, The Rock
- June 2009, we road-tripped to South Dakota to see them open for Flyleaf’s Unite & Fight tour
- I saw them twice in 2010 but can’t quite remember the time frame. Once was in October which is, I believe, the only show Emily couldn’t make. Both were at The Rock
- March 2011 at Station 4, I Am A Machine tour.
- July 16, 2011 at Station 4. my brother’s band opened for them and it was awesome. Arrows & Anchors release tour.
- December 13, 2011 at The Varsity Theater in Minneapolis for the I’m a Whale Tour. At this point Ryan Collier was on bass and Logan Kennedy on drums.
Saying which one is my favorite is so hard, because they went from playing Fables because it was new to playing songs that eventually were released on A&A in unfinished forms, to playing A&A post-release. They played Orphan Anthem ‘86 once, and I cried. The Sioux Falls set was also INCREDIBLE, but the Flyleaf crowd didn’t know them, so Emily and I screamed and cried and fangirled alone in the front row…
But I think as far as whole experiences go, the last tour date was my favorite, because I took a bunch of my friends from college and we drove four hours in the middle of finals week and back the same night. And I got in even though I was only 17 and it was an 18+ show because my dad came, got me in, and left. And the photos I got were amazing, and Darroh and the band seemed so happy, which is unusual.
…so yeah that got long. I hope I answered your question?